For those who would like to deepen their insights into the science of yoga and Ayurveda, as well as pursue teaching certification, this is an ideal opportunity. Imagine delving into an intensive 4-week training at a traditional ashram in Rishikesh, a holy Ganges-side town in the foothills of the Himalayas. Living in the ashram environment is the best way to truly integrate the yogic teachings into your life, and to be able to focus exclusively on yoga and teaching for one month. Teacher trainees will study 5.5 days a week and, on two weekends, will go on excursions such as attending aarati (a sunset ceremony by the Ganges), going hiking, and visiting the waterfall. Students will also have time to explore the local cultural and spiritual sites.
- Form, method of teaching, benefits and cautions of principal asanas (postures), pran ayamas (breathing techniques) and 2 kriyas (cleansing techniques)
- Learning to create various class-styles: beginner, intermediate and an introduction to prenatal yoga: each class having either a very mindful, flowing sequence, or a more dynamic feel, depending on your nature as a yoga teacher, and the students present in any given class
- Teaching methodology, including modifications for age and common injuries/conditions, how to create a grounded and inspired space for teaching/learning, the use of voice, prenatal modifications, etc.
- Anatomy and the physical/mental benefits of yoga
- Subtle yogic anatomy and the Chakras
- Introduction to Ayurveda, nutrition, and the yogic diet
- Ashtanga philosophy (the eight-fold path)
- Study and discussion of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, aphorisms giving insight into profound yogic practices and contemplations, as well as their life-transforming benefits
- Teaching practicum and feedback from the trainers and your peers
Teachers: All YTT courses are taught by Yogi Vishvketu, one other senior teacher, and a YTT assistant.
$2750 (Canadian dollars) for courses during 2014
$3000 (Canadian dollars) for courses during 2015
Includes 200-hour certification course, manual, one white Yoga Family t-shirt, semi-private room at the ashram, 3 vegetarian meals per day, 2 Sunday excursions, evening music/discussion programs, and airport pick-up/transportation to the ashram. Students make their own way back to Delhi or on to further travel after the course. The ashram office can assist with transit plans and there are many travel agencies in Rishikesh.
Maximum Enrolment: 36 students
Travel Arrangements: Please do not book flights until your application has been approved. This should take only a few days after we receive your application. We do airport pickups on Wednesday, transit to the Ashram on Thursday, and have the weekend for orientation and jet lag days. Arrival in Delhi at Indira Gandhi International Airport should be Wednesday afternoon or evening. Please note that if the flight arrives after midnight, that will be dated Thursday on the ticket. If you plan to fly from Delhi fairly shortly after the course ends, please do not book a flight leaving Delhi before Saturday evening. Most students stay until check-out, which is Sunday at noon, and hire cars to take them directly from the ashram to the airport for a Sunday late-evening departure. If you have time, it is a wonderful opportunity to integrate all of the teachings and experiences you have had during the course by staying on at or nearby the ashram for 3-4 days. Please only plan to stay longer at the ashram itself if you intend to continue with the ashram classes and lifestyle. If you plan to stay Sunday night and onwards, bookings at or nearby the ashram can often be made half-way through the training, or if you prefer in advance with the Ashram office at email@example.com. Rates are about $15 a day for the shared room, meals and 2 yoga classes a day.
Airport Pickup and Transport: Participants wishing airport pickup will be met at Delhi’s Indira Gandhi National Airport, and will be taken to a hotel in Delhi near the airport to sleep. The next morning we will depart at 6AM by private coach bus for Rishikesh and the ashram for orientation and jet lag days. The course formally starts on Monday.
Registration:To register, please Click Here. It is recommended to register 4-6 months in advance in order to ensure a spot. Some courses fill up earlier than others. Also, there are some readings and preparations to consider. After filling out the online form, either mail an international money order or bank draft (cheque if Canadian) of CAN $500 as a deposit to:
World Conscious Yoga Family
c/o Chetana Panwar
19 Woburn Ave.
M5M 1K5, Canada.
If you would like to bring items to donate to disadvantaged children, we have a list of helpful items at http://www.helpinghandsforindia.org/how-can-i-help.
* Click HERE for translation in Japanese
For those considering staying at the ashram or in Rishikesh after the training and interested in Reiki coruses, we highly recommend Rishikesh Reiki Master Shanti ji.